Sigh… I know, it’s not nice to call yourself names. And yeah, this is how I feel sometimes.
Like giving up.
Like stuff is piling up and I SHOULD be working harder, and I SHOULD be a more attentive mom, and I SHOULD know how to navigate the very very TERRIFYING waters of self-promotion with this whole book thing.
But here’s the reality, and it’s stuff I keep forgetting:
2. Life doesn’t suck.
3. Even when life does suck, it’s usually temporary and almost always self-imposed.
4. My kids freaking ROCK and I have fantastic friends… so I must be doing something right. Right???
Yes, absolutely! But it’s still easy to get swallowed by the wide world of insecurity. So what to do?
I realized this morning (upon waking in the middle of the night, completely freaked out over– wait for it– a BAKE SALE I’m supposed to be organizing at my kids’ school) that the reason I haven’t been blogging regularly is because I worry that what I write won’t be clever enough or thoughtful enough to impress the cyber-verse. Happily, I also realized that the cyber-verse has WAY more important things to think about than whether I’m impressing them or not. Kim Kardashian’s wardrobe, for example. That shit is hilarious! I can’t top that! Or Jessica Simpson’s weight-loss regime. How could I POSSIBLY create anything more gripping?
So I give up.
Here are the new rules:
1. When you’re on this site, there’s no judgment. You can say anything, including telling me I’m full of it. (Relax, my friends do this ALL the time, and I still adore them.)
2. Everybody’s beautiful here, including Kim Kardashian and Jessica Simpson… no matter what they’re wearing.
3. I’m not going to hang my sense of personal self-worth on how many comments I get. Because that’s really stupid. Almost as stupid as freaking out over a bake sale, you know?
Okay, done ranting. Going back to bed now.
Love you all madly!!!